Slip & Fall Attorney in Sacramento
Legal Help to Get You Back on Your Feet
Slip, trip, and fall are all four-letter words. Our mission at Miller Injury Attorneys is straightforward: we are here to help you get back on your feet and back to your life as quickly and painlessly as possible. Our Sacramento slip and fall lawyers guide you through the insurance and legal process to help you get back your life as soon as possible. We take over the legal burden see you can focus all your energy on getting well.
Get a free case evaluation over the phone or schedule an in person meeting about your injury by calling (916) 525-7761.
What do I do after a slip and fall accident?
After a slip and fall accident, it is important to take the following steps to protect your legal rights:
- Contact the owner or person in charge of the location at which you fell and insist they prepare an incident report. Without such a written report, there may be no evidence of your accident and the responsible parties may often deny the incident even occurred at their property. The report should identify who owns or manages the property, the date and time of the fall, the condition that caused you to fall, any witnesses and your injuries.
- If possible, take photos of the area of the fall (cell phones are good for this purpose) and later of your injuries.
- If available, obtain a copy of video footage of the incident. Often, and particularly in grocery and department stores, video cameras record events in the store. These videos frequently capture footage of your fall and can be very valuable and persuasive if you pursue your slip and fall claim.
- It is often difficult to determine the full nature and extent of your injuries at the scene of a fall. If you think you may have been injured in any way, call for an ambulance and seek medical treatment immediately.
- It is very important to get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident. This is because the responsible parties may claim you did not actually fall or they were not aware of the condition that caused you to fall prior to the accident. If other people were in the store were you fell, for example, they might be able to remember your fall and whether they had seen the condition that caused your fall (such as water on the floor) before your accident.
Injured? Call to speak with us now.
Call (916) 525-7761 Now to Discuss Your Accident
The primary way a person injured in a fall can show the owner or manager of the property is responsible is to show they had “notice” of the condition that caused the slip and fall, before it happened. Surprisingly, you as the injured person has the burden of proof to show this! This can be done by showing prior falls at that same location. This is one reason many stores, particularly grocery and department stores, have what are called “sweep sheets.” These documents record the time, duration and frequency of floor inspections, cleaning and sweeping by the responsible parties. They are used by the responsible parties to try to show a lack of prior “notice” of the condition that caused the fall.
Our Sacramento slip and fall attorneys can gather this and other evidence for you to build a solid premises liability case against the party responsible for your injury.
Have an experienced and knowledgeable attorney help you with your case.
Call (916) 525-7761.